Finding the best bloom booster fertilizer that genuinely nourishes your garden for a bountiful harvest may sound like a made-up thing. But in reality, many gardeners use such bloom boosters to increase the size of their crop.
These booster fertilizers are packed with essential nutrients that improve the quality of your plants by providing them with all the necessary nutrients. Bloom boosters are beneficial for gardeners cultivating flowering plants as the product dramatically increases the flowers, buds and further sweetens the fruit.
When a plant is supplied with a healthy dose of nutrients, its root development starts to flourish, thus ultimately increasing the final harvest. Has the topic of bloom booster fertilizers caught your attention? Do you wish to see your garden flourishing with copious flowers and fruits?
Then we highly recommend reading our buyers guide that has five of the best and reliable fertilizers on the market. Our compiled products list is perfect for all hobbyists, seasoned and newbie gardeners alike.
Best Bloom Boosters For Your Flowers
Best Overall: General Hydroponics Liquid Kool Bloom Fertilizer
Most seasoned gardeners have heard about General Hydroponics as they have been in the gardening industry for more than 40 years. Their pure passion for growing abundantly well-nourished plants has made them the industry standard for many years. Our winner product, The Liquid Kool Bloom, is General Hydrophonioc’s most popular and trusty bloom fertilizer on the market.
- Manufacturer: General Hydroponics
- Item Weight: 2.65 Pounds
- Item Form: Liquid
- Volume: 32 Fluid Ounces
- This Liquid Kool Bloom is an effective bulking agent that goes way beyond other bloom boosters to increase the production and quality of your plants in a short period.
- The sleek container of Liquid Kool Bloom Fertilizer encourages abundant flowering of all plant types. A little quantity can make your flowers bloom twice as much without stressing or harming the plant.
- This potent fertilizer also facilitates ripening in annuals.
- Another excellent effect of this fertilizer is the boost of fragrances and essential oils. Your flower bed is bound to smell twice as sweet. Plants that are showered with this bloom booster also produce ample essential oils right after the first use.
- This bloom booster is highly enriched with stress-reducing vitamins and various nutrient transporting acids to increase the fruiting and flowering development of the plant.
- Consumers should use an adequate quantity of liquid bloom for a larger and heavier flower at the start of the reproductive cycle. Topping the garden bed with dry Kool Bloom during the last two weeks can boost the bloom while facilitating ripening.
- This product is available in a convenient liquid form for a straightforward dilution process. Buyers can easily mix this product according to the ratio for a perfect base.
- This reliable fertilizer is softer on plants than other boosters available on the market. The product also enhances the taste of the harvest, thus making your gardening efforts successful.
- Gardners can use this product on hemp, vegetables, herbs, fruits, flowers, and other valuable crops. The easily dilutable liquid is compatible with various media, including Rockwool, potting mix, cocoa, peat lite mix, water culture, ground soil, and much more.
- Many loyal customers enjoy this product’s efficacy but highly dislike the product’s susceptibility to mold. Once you open the product, it grows mold even after storing in a dark place.
- Getting the fair idea of using the correct amount for your plants can be quite cumbersome when it comes to Liquid Kool Bloom Fertilizer.
General Hydroponics has prepared detailed feed charts for all gardeners who wish to use their product in the ideal ratios. These charts are excellent for all gardeners, hobbyists, and even professionals.
We highly recommend using dry Kool Bloom for an additional bloom boost while facilitating ripening. However, be extra careful with the measurements as an overdose or more potent concoction can lead to root burn.
Runner-up: Advanced Nutrients 2360-12 Bud Ignitor Fertilize
Looking at the features and benefits, we can indeed say this Advanced Nutrients 2360-12 Bud Ignitor Fertilizer is the best bloom booster for hydroponics. The product comes in a concentrated liquid form for a more effortless ratio mix. The high-quality Norwegian kelp makes this product genuinely outstanding to maximize the flowering sites per stem.
- Manufacturer: iPower Distributor L&G
- Item Weight: 0.55 Pounds
- Item Form: Liquid
- Volume: 8.5 Fluid Ounces
- This Advanced Nutrients 2360-12 Bud Ignitor Fertilizer is a concentrated fertilizer packed with all the necessary nutrients for a maximum harvest.
- The seller promises that this product can effectively maximize your flowering sites per stem. This product efficiently maximizes the flowering per stem after gardeners introduce this fertilizer during the early bloom phase of the plant. This process ramps up the internal metabolic triggers that ultimately result in a lot of budding sites.
- Any typical blooming fertilizer has a 30-55% chance of making the flowering stem the node host. In contrast, this particular fertilizer increases the percentage to a whopping 70-100%.
- This liquid comes in a simple container without the need for additional or extensive preparation. Gardeners need to dilute the liquid concentrate into the water and spritz away for a bountiful harvest.
- Gardeners can purchase this 2360-12 Bud Ignitor Fertilizer in 0.25 Liter, 0.5 Liter, 1 Liter, 4 Liter, 10 Liter, and 23 Liter containers, depending on the acreage of the plot.
- If you initiate earlier bud formation, the manufacturer promises that this bloomer gives one extra crop cycle per year, making it the best bloom booster for auto flowers.
- Apart from flowering and fruiting, this product also protects your crops by filling them with extra reserves of crucial nutrients.
- This fertilizer is engineered with optimal ratios of potassium and phosphorus, making it the best pk booster. The product also contains high-quality kelp from the Norwegian Sea for an ultra boost of nutrients.
Many buyers were highly disappointed with the quality control of the product. A few even noticed that the fertilizer container had mold growing inside.
The seller gives a 100% money back grower guarantee in an unfortunate event of sub-par quality. Buyers can return the product and ask for a refund if it does not meet their expectations.
Since the product contains phosphorus, we highly recommend checking your local state’s law as phosphorus runoff poses a severe threat to the water quality.
Alternative: Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Bloom Booster Flower Food
Many gardeners detest liquid bloom boosters because of the chemical’s susceptibility to mold. If you feel the same, then Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Bloom Booster is the perfect product for your gardening needs.
- Manufacturer: Arett Sales – LG
- Item Weight: 4.31 pounds
- Item Form: Granules
- Volume: 4 lb
- This Water Soluble Miracle-Gro Bloom Booster Flower Food promotes more blooms for a more significant color and healthier bush.
- Gardeners can expect a flourishing harvest of blooming flowers within a few days of using the product.
- The manufacturers guarantee that this bloom booster saturates the color pigments of the flower by making the final bloom look more vibrant and colorful compared to regular flowers.
- The composition of this product is relatively light, which allows the gardeners to use this product every two weeks without harming the plant or its roots.
- This Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Bloom Booster Flower Food is ideal for window boxes, containers, and all of the blooming perennials and annuals.
- This bloom booster is compatible with Miracle-Gro Garden Feeder or can be used with any regular watering can. The ultra soluble granules quickly dissolve in the water without leaving any undissolved residue at the bottom of the can.
- This bloom booster flower food mentions an inconsistent n-p-k ratio on every packet, making it difficult for gardeners to calculate the ideal balance compared to their soil’s level.
- A few customers received their package with an already open bag inside the box.
This bloom booster is engineered to have a consistency of dry granules. These dehydrated granules are water-soluble and stay fresh for a much longer time than any liquid booster fertilizer.
We highly recommend this granulated water-soluble booster for gardens that need a healthy boost of nutrients. However, buyers should research their state laws as the product contains phosphorus as one of the main ingredients.
Alternative: Mammoth P Bloom Booster & Enhancer Plant Nutrient
Our second alternative, The Mammoth Bloom Booster & Enhancer Plant Nutrient, is an entirely natural bloom booster that can give a 16% increased yield. Let’s go through the product’s pros, cons, and features to understand it in detail.
- Manufacturer: Mammoth
- Item Weight: 2 pounds
- Item Form: Liquid
- Volume: 500 ML
- This bloom booster is a 100 percent organic OMRI-certified inoculant which allows the plants to act as a natural bloom booster.
- This product is bound to give a 16% increased yield by speeding up the plants’ growth without affecting the nutrient balance of the entire plant.
- This bloom booster brims with beneficial bacteria and spent filtrate that encourages the plant to produce all the necessary healthy nutrients for a bountiful harvest.
- This organic booster is excellent for all hydrophobic, soilless, and soil systems. Gardeners can easily pair this product with all garden fertilizers without clashing the nutrient levels.
- Mammoth grow boosters protect the plants’ rhizosphere for a healthier plant, thus ultimately a healthier garden.
Many customers voiced their dissatisfaction as the seller shipped an expired or near expiration canister of this bloom booster to many people.
This efficient bloom fertilizer is available in various ranges, from a mere 120 ml bottle to even a 5-gallon canister.
Since the product is liquid, we highly recommend using it within one year for the best results.
Alternative: Mammoth Organic Bloom Booster
Our last but surely not least is the Mammoth P Organic Bloom Booster. This 0.25 ltr canister can adequately cover a large garden spot by flooding it with buds, flowers, and fruits.
- Manufacturer: Mammoth
- Item Weight: 0.5 Pounds
- Item Form: Liquid
- Volume: 0.25 Liters
- Growcentia’s founders proudly developed this Mammoth P organic bloom booster for optimal gardening harvest. The product was then rigorously tested by Colorado growers to test and check the product’s efficacy.
- The product utilizes natural beneficial soil microorganisms and bacteria to liberate phosphorus and other plant nutrients naturally. This process results in more efficient soil nutrients to maximize bud growth, thus ultimately increasing the total yield.
- The live beneficial bacteria act like micro bioreactors. These live microbes release phosphorus into the soil while continuously producing enzymes that make the plant healthier and full of adequate nutrients.
- This product thus helps in keeping the internodes shorter while focusing on bud production. The result is a considerable bud yield as compared to regular chemical-ridden bloom boosters.
- This product is highly soluble in all types of soilless, soil, and hydroponic systems. You can use this product with different fertilizers for a healthy and optimal gardening yield.
Many consumers feel that the price of this particular blend of microbes could be a little less given the volume of the product.
This product does not contain any harmful microbes or potent chemicals that can throw off the pH balance of the soil and destroy the plant. The liquid is engineered with all-natural and organic ingredients for a safe yet effective product.
If you are looking for a decent bloom booster that is mainly organic, you cannot go wrong with this product. It is safe to use on all types of soil, soilless and hydroponic systems of various plants.
Do bloom boosters really work?
Every coin has two sides, and that’s the case with bloom boosters too. It has its share of pros and cons, but its function majorly depends on the requirement of the plant and the soil.
Bloom Booster is a kind of plant fertilizer that is rich in macronutrients like phosphorus and potassium. These two nutrients provide the best type of nourishment a plant needs to flower in abundance.
On the other hand, nurturing a plant with Nitrogen-based fertilizer can result in a delayed blooming process. It can further affect the plant’s growth and lead to a poor harvest with very little flower and fruit production.
So, a good amount of phosphorus encourages the healthy growth of a plant. The more phosphorus, along with other essential nutrients the plant gets, the more it will blossom! Likewise, if there is a lack of balance in these nutrients intake, the plant will suffer.
That is where bloom boosters come to your rescue. It escalates the plant’s blooming process by providing it with enough phosphorus and nutrients. It enhances the plant’s ability to grow faster along with a better harvest and prevents any possible deficiency.
Now you might think that a bloom booster is an ultimate key for plants to bloom profusely. But that’s not the case!
Soil plays a vital role in plant growth too. A large portion of nutrients required by the plant is supplied from the soil. So, the texture and quality of the soil are also major contributing factors to the plant’s production.
If the soil already contains enough phosphorus and potassium, adding bloom boosters will deteriorate the condition. Over-supplying the plants with nutrients will never improve their growth. It will simply cause harm to the soil and make it toxic for growing plants.
Thus, bloom boosters only work when it’s being applied rightly, considering the needs of both plant and soil. So, if you want bloom boosters to work, a proper examination of soil is always recommended.
What is the best flowering booster?
There is no such bloom booster that can be considered the best for your plants to flower abundantly.
The efficacy of the bloom booster solely depends on the nutrient requirements of the plant and the soil. You can use any fertilizer that contains phosphorous and potassium in good quantity instead of Nitrogen as a bloom booster.
Here is the list of three bloom boosters for your convenience that you can utilize depending on your requirements:
If you want to boost your tomato production, then Tomato-Tone rightly fits your purpose. It is an all-natural fertilizer containing essential microbes to promote organic farming. It’s created in such a way that it produces wholesome, juicy tomatoes. With its 15 important nutrient compositions, it helps prevent blossom end rot in fast-growing fruit plants.
Flower fuel is a premium bloom booster that ensures the production of the largest crops. It accelerates the plant’s capacity to retain all the essential nutrients to become fuller than usual. It contains Amino acids, vitamins, and 40 essential nutrients and can be used on top of your base fertilizer to achieve a denser harvest.
If you are looking for a fertilizer that serves both individual plants and dense plants’ beds, then this is it! Jack’s Classic Bloom Booster is one of the most versatile and easy-to-use fertilizers available out there. Since it is a water-soluble fertilizer, it gives you the liberty to use it as per your required density.
When should I start using Bloom Boosters?
At every stage of growth, plants need a certain amount of nutrition to satisfy their development. In a situation like this, bloom boosters come handy. Bloom Booster gives your plants the last-minute punch of growth-supporting nutrients like phosphorus and potassium. By supplementing the plant’s nutritional needs, you are maximizing its ability to grow healthier.
However, just adding bloom boosters does not solve the purpose alone. A mindful approach regarding when and how much to apply is the key to increasing the quality and quantity of your crops.
It might get challenging to identify when the first signs of bloom are exactly appearing. But showing up tiny green tendrils from the plant’s stem can indicate the right time to use the bloom boosters. Applying a bloom booster at the bloom phase covers any nutritional deficiency that can hinder the plants’ flowering.
You need to add bloom boosters every week or two when the plant is flowering abundantly for greater yield. A small number of bloom boosters can be used throughout the year for indoor plants to ensure continuous growth.
Note of caution: Prolonged use of bloom boosters can reverse the whole scenario. Refrain from using the bloom boosters as soon as the temperature gets cold. Plants need time to get adjusted to cooler weather, and it is the best time you can give your plants’ rest to grow at their own pace.
How do you increase blooming?
There are several factors involved while nurturing a plant. A balanced method of taking care of your plants can only make your garden bloom! Watering the plant or adding bloom boosters alone cannot bring you increased blooming. Follow these tips to get the blooming of your dreams:
A majority of the nutritional intake of a plant directly comes from the soil. Soil that is rich in organic compost and manure can provide a fertile base for your plants to grow.
To have more blooming, regularly feeding the plants with adequate nutrients is essential. Adding phosphorus-rich fertilizers can bring you increased yield.
Expose to Sunlight
Plants require sunlight for their natural process of growing. But exposure to extreme sunlight can cause damage to their development.
Remember, plants absorb their nutrients from the roots. Hence, keeping the roots airy and in good condition is a crucial way to have increased blooming.
Without enough water, plants cannot function and replenish their needs. Thus, moderate watering can give the plants the boost to thrive. But excessive water can also result in rotting.
These bloom boosters are highly reliable when it comes to triggering flower numbers and their sizes. Many gardeners, however, prefer the option of using any homemade bloom booster, but such DIY bloom boosters can give highly inconsistent results.
Therefore, if you wish to see rapid growth and a bountiful harvest, consider picking one of the boosters mentioned above. Lastly, ensure that you dilute it according to the manufacturer’s instructions for optimal results since the products are highly concentrated.
We hope our detailed buyer’s guide helped you in finding your garden’s next best friend. Happy gardening!